One career path of a registered health information administrator (RHIA) is supervision. As a supervisor, it is imperative that you and your staff are aware of key workplace laws and employee responsibilities. Prepare a PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes addressing the following topics:
Employer responsibility and employee rights
Incident reporting (including the Joint Commission Sentinel events)
Risk management (including risk identification, risk analysis, and risk evaluation)
Government focus on patient safety
Create and review a procedure for employees to follow for one of the following topics:
Employee posting on social media (Fundamentals of Law for Health Informatics and Information Management, Chapter 13)
What information can be released when a celebrity or “person in the news” in under the care of the hospital (Fundamentals of Law for Health Informatics and Information Management, Chapter 15)
Release of information to a parent who does not have custody of a minor
The Uniform Health-care Decisions Act for consent to treatment and donation of decedent’s body (Fundamentals of Law for Health Informatics and Information Management, Chapter 8)
For each topic within your PowerPoint presentation,
Define the topic.
Explain why it is important in the health information management workplace.
Summarize the statute, regulation, and/or administrative rule.
Explain the key points a new supervisor and/or an employee needs to know.
Examine two examples of violations.
Describe the penalties for violations of the workplace law.
Your PowerPoint presentation
Must be a minimum of eight double spaced slides in length (not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) resource.
Must include detailed speaker notes written in full sentences. Review the Add Notes to Your Slide section of the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) resource.
Must include slides with at least two colors.
Must include a minimum of two pictures or clip art.
Must include a separate title slide with the following:
Title of presentation
Similarity score from Turnitin
Course name and number
Must use at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources in addition to the course text and course materials.
The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.