Dissertation Process Worksheet
Updated January 4th, 2021
This worksheet was created to help PhD students keep track of the various steps to completing the dissertation. Every student’s journey is a little different, so it is important to also follow the guidance of your academic advisors and your supervisory committee, when formed.
Forms and Guides
All documents, guides, and forms for the dissertation process are found at
All documents for the IRB application are found at
Step 1: Committee Formation and Prospectus Development
· Review your Program of Study, or discuss with academic advisors, to determine when you need to start your prospectus. At least two quarters prior to this time, complete the Dissertation Premise (see Dissertation Premise Guide for details).
· Receive your dissertation supervisory committee assignment, following the steps outlined on the
Capstone Committee Process page of the Center for Research Quality website, and receive notification from MyDR/Workflow.
· Finalize your prospectus, such that it meets all the quality indicators on the Prospectus Dissertation Rubric and submit to MyDr/Taskstream for your committee to review.
· Committee members evaluate your prospectus and complete their rubrics in MyDr/Taskstream. Once approved, the program director receives a workflow notification to complete their review in Taskstream.
· The program director or his/her designee completes the prospectus review in MyDr/TasksStream.
Step 2: Proposal Development and Approval Process
· Work with your full committee to complete your dissertation proposal (the first three chapters) using the Dissertation Checklist that aligns to your methodology and the PhD Dissertation Template (6th ed.), which is available on the
Writing Center website, to support development.
· When the dissertation proposal is ready for committee review, you upload it to Taskstream along with a copy of the Turnitin report and the Dissertation Checklist, which you need to complete.
· Check your MyDR Landing Page to see if a URR has been assigned. If one has not, request a URR using the URR Request Form which is available on the
OSRA PhD Dissertation Process and Documents page.
· When the dissertation proposal is approved to move forward by your dissertation supervisory committee, the chair reconciles the Dissertation Minimum Standards Rubrics from each committee member and attaches the proposal document in Taskstream along with the Turnitin report and the Dissertation Checklist, which you need to complete. The URR receives a workflow notification to complete his or her review in Taskstream.
· If revisions are requested by the URR, work with your chair and second committee member to address each revision. You then resubmit the proposal to Taskstream.
· After the proposal has been approved to move forward (the chair, second committee member, an
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.