Case Study; chapter 78
A 62-year-old inmate is admitted to this hospital from prison with a complaint of chest pain. The patient is being worked up for possible myocardial infarction and admitted to the cardiac unit.
Read Chapter 7 in Alligood (2022) and also read the case study on p. 78. Answer the following questions as they relate to the case study:
Case Study; chapter 78
A 62-year-old inmate is admitted to this hospital from prison with a complaint of chest pain. The patient is being worked up for possible myocardial infarction and admitted to the cardiac unit. Because the patient is an inmate, while he is in the hospital a prison guard will be posted outside of the patient’s room and the patient will be handcuffed to the bed rail. During the initial assessment, the admission nurse finds the patient to be withdrawn. The nurse discovers the patient has a past medical history significant for abuse of multiple substances. The patient describes how the addictive behaviors led to his incarceration and estrangement from his family. The patient expresses to the nurse interest in meeting with a chaplain while in the hospital.
1. Describe examples of how the nurse can provide care to the patient in the case study as guided by each of the 10 caritas processes
2. Compare the values and beliefs in your own nursing philosophy (from Week 2 DF) with Watson’s 10 caritas processes. How are your values and beliefs the same or different from Watson?
My nursing philosophy states that as a nurse, I would provide customized care based on the needs of the patients, to give care, and not just treat the illness while providing an environment where the patient will feel respected, comfortable, and confident in my nursing abilities. I always develop a personalized relationship with my patient, I also focus on their spiritual and social problems and challenges and help by going beyond duties call.
Reference your posts in APA format and be sure to answer all questions posed in narrative form.
Alligood, M.R. (2022). Nursing theorists and their work (10th ed.). Elsevier.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.