To complete your Assignment, review this week’s Learning Resources. Compose a cohesive document that addresses the following: See attachment for detailed instructions:
2 – 3 pages
Assignment: Conducting an Observation
Perhaps one of the greatest tools that the coach or mentor has when deciding how to best approach each specific situation is observation, which is an often overlooked but critical part of the coaching process.
The coach needs to take time to observe the coachee in the individual’s own environment, interacting with others, and completing tasks. This observation takes practice to ensure that only observing is taking place, without assumptions being made or inferences drawn. There can also be pitfalls that result from over-observation.
Observation and analysis may work hand in hand at times, but should not be considered equal parts of a whole. In your reading, you have seen how sound observation, based on facts and non-judgmental notations, can form the basis of your evaluation of a coachee. However, one cannot assume to understand a coachee through silent observation alone and should not suppose that all inferences gleaned from observation represent an individual’s true state of mind.
To prepare for this Discussion, review this week’s Learning Resource.
· Review this week’s Learning Resources, especially:
The Ladder of Inference: Why we jump to conclusions (and how to avoid it) – Synergy Commons
Using CLASS Data to Provide Effective Feedback – YouTube
Observation vs. Inference: Identifying the Difference (yourdictionary.com)
To complete your Assignment, compose a cohesive document that addresses the following:
· Observe an individual at an organization with which you are involved and record your observations and inferences from the viewpoint of a coach.
The result of this observation will be used in subsequent weeks. In order for these follow-up Assignments to work, the individual should be a mentee or coachee to you, and the observation should ideally include a behavior that you could help the individual improve.
· Provide a reflective analysis explaining the insights you gained from the experience and how your role as a coach influenced the observation process.
· Use Learning Resources and other references as a basis for presenting the actual behaviors observed and your inferences based on those observations.
· 2 – 3 pages
· APA citing
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.