The average height for all males is 69.3 inches with a standard deviation of 2.8 inches. For females, the average height is 64 inches and the standard deviation is 2.8. These are population values. For this week’s discussion, you will calculate a z-score based on your own height and determine whether your score is within the 95% normal range or if it is out of that range and considered unusual.
Measure your height as precisely as possible to a tenth of an inch. For example, 5’2 ¼” would be 62.3 inches tall.
Calculate the z-score based on population values for males or females. Use the formula: z= (x-µ)/σ where x is your height in inches.
Calculate the normal range by creating the interval that is within 2 standard deviations of the population mean. Multiply the population standard deviation by 2 and then add/subtract from the population mean.
In your discussion post, include the following, based on your calculations.
Is your height within the normal range? Is this what you expected?
Would your height be considered unusual? Why or why not.
Have you encountered any challenges based on your height? For example, someone who is shorter or taller may have a difficult time finding pants that are an appropriate length.
How is the concept of normality used in your field? Example: a patient’s blood pressure is compared to a normal range of values and a financial planner may check the “average” return of a stock.
How does knowing what is usual help people and corporations and government organizations plan? For example, how do airplane manufacturers use the normal height to design aircraft seating?
Please be sure to validate your opinions and ideas with citations and references in APA format.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.