BOOK: Principles of Supply Chain Management: A Balanced Approach, 3rd Edition Joel D. Wisner, Keah-Choon Tan, G. Keong Leong
Written summary of your activities in a Word document of a minimum of 250 words.
ii. Use APA format (https://owl.purdue.edu/owl) 12-point Times New
Roman font, double-spaced.
iii. For the summary content, answer and provide the following:
1. What three things you learned from that week’s readings?
2. One news article about supply chain w/hyperlink.
The primary function of the Purchasing Department is to assist our university with theidentification, selection and acquisition of required materials and services. Purchasingstrives to accomplish this as economically as possible, within acceptable standards ofquality and service, while utilizing professional ethics and best business practicesthroughout the process.1Total cost of ownership can be determined for a wide variety of corporate initiatives,but when it comes to sustainability—and, especially, social responsibility—hardnumbers aren’t always clear.2Learning ObjectivesAfter completing this chapter, you should be able to•Understand the role of supply management and its strategic impact on anorganization’s competitive advantage.•Have a basic knowledge of the traditional purchasing process, e-procurement,public procurement and green purchasing.•Understand and know how to handle small value purchase orders.•Understand sourcing decisions and the factors impacting supplier selection.•Understand the pros and cons of single sourcing versus multiple sourcing.•Understand centralized, decentralized and hybrid purchasing organizations.•Describe the opportunities and challenges of global sourcing and understandhow globalization impacts supply management.•Understand and compute total cost of ownership.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.