Civic Engagement Term Project
the “public good”/ “problem”from a microbiology perspective: Homelessness in San Francisco.
Academic and Statistical Research [CLO 2]
Find (at least) two different academic sources (e.g., journal articles) that provide insight into why your identified problem/issue is important in your community (e.g., rising costs of medications, vaccination rates in the community, understanding of antimicrobial substances by the community, etc.). For each article:
1. Summarize the findings.
2. State any statistics that are important to your problem.
3. Critique the article with respect to to critical components (see below)
4. Explain how this article relates to your problem.
Definitions of the civil engagement
Civic engagement refers to how a person engages in a certain community and plays a positive impact into their life. (Hassan & Hamari, 2020). Another definition of the Civic engagement is defined as the action of an individual of collective people that is aimed at identifying a community gap and addressing it. (Fain, Munagala & Shah , 2018). There are many elements of civic engagement but the common are decision making, governance and also how the resources will be allocated. Based on the other definition, Civic engagement is the act of working of an individual or a group of people in order to make a certain difference in a given community. (Mirra ,2018) .In order to help a community, it requires a combination of an individual’s skills and knowledge.
Having looked at the above three definitions of Civic engagement, according to my level of knowledge and skills. In my opinion, there are many benefits that result from civic engagement. Civil engagement can play an essential role in improving the relationship in the community as all the members in that community can develop a strong connection with one another. Civil engagement can help in growing and developing the community by providing the skills and knowledge thus making it better to adapt to their environment. Civil engagement can improve the quality of life as the community members can address their concerns and thus be able to influence the decision that can improve the quality of the life of the whole community.
In my community, the problem that interferes with the public good is pollution. In recent years, there has been an increase in the population. This has led to the increase in waste products as there are no appropriate channels to dispose of the waste products. Environmental pollution, especially air pollution, has led to the emergence of many health problems. There are many diseases that arise as a result of environmental pollution. For example, an increase in the release of carbon dioxide results in acidic rainfall which devours the plants. Environmental pollution leads to an outbreak of water-borne diseases which is known to have killed many people all over the world.
Based on the argument on pollution, It is one of the problems that affect the air which is a public good. Air plays an essential role in all living things. Without air, all the living things would have perished. Air pollution is the core cause of many diseases that humans experience. When harmful chemicals are released from the factories, they find their root in the atmospheres which eventually affect human beings in one way or another. There are many people in my society well-known for developing respiratory complications as a result of the air population.
Hassan & Hamari (2020). Gameful civic engagement: A review of the literature on gamification of e-participation.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.