Seth Lesperance Dupont Paurice
2 hours ago, at 7:50 PM
Top of Form
Bacterial Vaginosis – Case Study
Bacterial vaginosis is generally described as a common infection that occurs in the vagina due to the overgrowth of the natural bacterial flora in the vagina. This infection leads to the imbalance in the pH as well as enhances the growth of pathogenic organisms on the vagina. The global prevalence of bacterial vaginosis is generally high and this condition is widely prevalent among females who are between the ages of 14-49. Women being affected with bacterial vaginosis have a higher influence on their self-esteem due to the discomfort and irritations that this disease exerts on their routine activities (Tomás et al., 2020). Most of the women experiencing bacterial vaginosis do not exhibit any symptoms. However, the common symptoms include burning sensation during urination, foul smelling vaginal discharge, vaginal sores, emanation of fishy odor of discharge especially after having sexual intercourse, vaginal irritation, discomfort, itching, and change in the normal color of the vaginal discharge (Bautista et al., 2016).
The common risk factors that are associated with bacterial vaginosis includes smoking habits, frequent douching, performing sexual intercourse with different partners, use of scented soaps, bubble baths, vaginal sprays and deodorants, usage of sex toys, intra uterine devices, and so on. The complications that occur due to this bacterial condition on the vagina are premature birth, pregnancy complications, sexually transmitted infections, poor chance for success with treatments such as in-vitro fertilization, and so on. Bacterial vaginosis is diagnosed based on the medical history, overall physical examinations, vaginal swab test for microscopic examinations using Gram staining techniques, pelvic examination, and pH level assessments. Treatment for bacterial vaginosis is carried out by employing antibiotics such as metronidazole, tinidazole, secnidazole, and clindamycin. Administration of these medicines orally or in the form of creams help in relieving the symptoms of this disease condition in the patient. Apart from medications, this condition is also treated by taking certain preventive measures such as refraining from sexual activities and frequent douching (Redelinghuys et al., 2020).
This discussion is focused on a 32-year-old patient named R.S who is been diagnosed with bacterial vaginosis. For this patient, the specific goals of treatment are to reduce the symptoms of the disease condition and by bringing down the level of vaginal pH to the normal range between 3.8-4.5. The pH of the vagina is an essential condition that needs to be maintained normal always. An imbalance in the vaginal pH leads to various other health complications. The drug therapy that I would prescribe for R.S is the administration of metronidazole antibiotics. Metronidazole is an effective and a widely employed antibiotic that is provided to patients
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.