Complete a detailed case study analysis of the given case, using the process described in Analyzing Strategic Health Care Cases in your course textbook Strategic Management of Health Care Organizations.
Your completed case study analysis report will include the following sections:
**Benchmarks for success and contingency plans
To support your work, use your course and textbook readings and also use the South University Online Library. As in all assignments, cite your sources in your work and provide references for the citations in APA format.
Your assignment should be addressed in an 8- to 10-page document.
C A L
I F O
R N I
A F L E X P R O G R A M
Hospital Case Study
MAYERS MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
S E P T E M B E R 2 0 1 2
Fall River Mills, CA
Is the Medicare Rural Hospital Flexibility (Flex) Program and small rural hospitals’ conversion
to Critical Access Hospital (CAH) status improving the quality of care and performance while
enhancing local emergency medical services? A case study highlighting Mayers Memorial Hospital,
Fall River Mills, California, was conducted as part of California’s Medicare Rural Hospital
Flexibility (Flex) Program in order to examine and report on these questions.
C A S E S T U D Y O B J E C T I V E S
A N D M E T H O D S
The Mayers Memorial Hospital case study was completed to identify
changes to the community, hospital, and other aspects of health care,
that have occurred due to the hospital’s conversion to Critical Access
Hospital (CAH) status and its involvement in the Flex Program.
The study also aims to identify needs and issues for Flex Program
planning purposes. To accomplish this, the following occurred:
• Local health services and community background
information were collected from April to May 2012 on
Fall River Mills, California and the surrounding area.
• Interviews of hospital staff, hospital board members, and local
emergency medical services (EMS) personnel were conducted
in Fall River Mills April 23 and 24, 2012.
• A survey of health care providers (e.g., physicians, physician
assistants, nurse practitioners, nurse anesthetists) working at
Mayers Memorial Hospital was conducted April – May 2012.
The survey response rate was 22 percent.1
• A community focus group was conducted in Falls River Mills
on April 23, 2012.
Twenty-eight individuals from the hospital service area were included
in the case study process.
The California Department of Health Services, State Office of
Rural Health, administers the Flex Program in California and was
the sponsor of the case study. Rural Health Solutions, Woodbury,
Minnesota conducted the case study and prepared this report.
C A L I F O R N I A F L E X P R O G
R A M
a y e r
s M e
m o r i a l
H o s p i t a l , F a l l R i v e r M i l l s
1 Health care providers working less than 2 days per month at
Mayers Memorial Hospital were not included in the survey.
F A L L R I V E R M I L L S , C A L I F O R N I A
A N D T H E S U R R O U N D I N G A R E A 2
The town of Fall River Mills is located in Northeastern California and is
served by State Highway 299, the major route running east to west across
northern California. Named to commemorate the many mills in town,
Fall River Mills is located between the Sierra Nevada and Cascade Mountain
ranges and is surrounded by mountains in all four cardinal directions.
Fall River Mills is a town that enjoys a fascinating history, comp
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.