· Select one informal assessment from Table 12.3 of the text.
The informal assessment that I choose is time/event sampling.
· Discuss why you feel it is an effective form of assessment to use in your future role as an educator.
I believe this method of assessment will work in the future since I will be working in an elementary setting. I feel that this can really work for any age group not just in a preschool learning environment. The observation “provides educators, parents, and families with critical information about a child’s development and growth.” Resources for Early Learning. (n.d.). I like this assessment because the teacher had to create different goals that align with the student themselves. “Sara” may not have the same goals as “John”. With this I would have to establish the goal, observe the student, track the progress and record all data observed. By doing this I will be able to see or notice the cause and effect I will also be able to see different patterns and behaviors and I will have a documentation when they occur.
· As an educator, imagine you have just administered the assessment. Describe how specifically you will use this measurement to make instructional decisions about curriculum. Support your choices with the course text.
Being an educator, I just finished administering the evaluation. The biggest thing I have to take into account is if the goal had been met. If the goal has been met, I would document that it had been met. If not, I may take a different approach to the goal. ” If the student demonstrates progress during the time and setting that has been recorded, the aim was accomplished so the curriculum will not change. But if the children are not showing progress, the curriculum should change. According to Rencken, K. S (1994). “The observation provides the information so that the planning can satisfy the individual needs” PG 51. If the student is not meeting the goals, I would also change up the way I am teaching things I could be teaching things in a way they don’t understand. I would change my curriculum and take a different approach.
· Explain how you will share the assessment results with families considering the following:
· How you will communicate with them (e.g., email, phone call, etc.).
· How you will explain the results.
· The ways your approach is inclusive of family, culture, and individual differences.
For me my relationship with a student’s family is extremely important. You want the family to feel involved in their child’s education. By doing assessments and keeping track and documentation you can see if the same patterns are falling around the same time. My first method of communication with a parent would be a face-to-face parent meeting this could be done at “meet the teacher” or when the parent is able to meet. I would do the best of my ability to meet the parent at their convenience I know this is not always the case. After I would set some kind of cl
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.