Part 1. Case Selection for Chapter 9
For your fourth and final case study, choose one of the two following cases, and answer the associated questions below each overview. Details for each of the cases are in Chapter 9. It is essential to read each case before answering the questions!
Case 9-1 Haagen-Dazs loves Honeybees
The Häagen-Dazs® brand recognized that it was an iconic, strong brand that had lost relevance with its consumers, and was looking for a way to highlight its all-natural positioning that would resonate. We were looking for a different way to crack the nut! The goal: to re-ignite consumer passion and boost annual sales growth by at least 1 percent and media impressions by 25 percent in 2008. At the essence of the brand is its commitment to all-natural ingredients. We uncovered an obscure problem, “disappearing honey bees” (referred to as Colony Collapse Disorder), threatening the existence of 40 percent of HD’s natural ingredients. HD saw a unique opportunity to be the champion of an under-reported but critical cause. HD Loves HB was born to connect with consumers in an authentic way, be first to put the cause on consumers’ radar in a significant way, and underscore HD’s “all-natural” brand value proposition by inextricably linking the important relationship between honey bees and its ice cream. HD created a new flavor in honor of the honey bees, placed a captivating bee logo on all products threatened by these pollinators, launched a new consumer education website, and produced print and TV advertising. But the biggest marketing lever of all for the campaign was public relations. The brand and Ketchum set the tone for the entire campaign, formed an expert advisory board, directed significant donation funds towards meaningful research, and created an avenue for consumers in mass numbers to plant bee-friendly habitats to help save the bees. The campaign exceeded all management expectations in getting consumers, retail sales, and media buzzing. HD experienced the highest sales increase in 12 months, garnered 277+ million impressions with $1.5 million in advertising equivalencies, and increased consumer brand advocacy to 69 percent, the highest level among 19 different ice cream brands measured.
Research (answer one)
· Discuss the importance of reinvigorating a brand with an “all-natural positioning.”
· What elements of the audience analysis were most important in the design of a campaign?
· Discuss the importance of secondary research about a cause—notice no other major food brands had connected to the honey bee issue.
· Were focus groups the best way to conduct primary research about the Häagen-Dazs brand.
Objectives (answer one)
· Discuss classic business goals, such as driving revenue growth and product sales.
· How effective is cause-related marketing, such as “awareness of the honey bee issue.”
· How realistic was the goal of 125 million media impressions?
· Discuss the behavioral objective
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.