HEALTH AND SAFETY – POLICY ASSIGNMENT
(20% of final mark)
OBJECTIVE: To increase students’ awareness of H&S issues and their policies in the
workplace and provide an opportunity to create a H&S policy from a
PROCEDURE: Student groups of up to 4 will research a specific topic randomly
selected by the groups. Research will be from a minimum of 3 actual
Canadian company web sites or internal documents you might have
access to. From the examples gathered, you will create a policy and
format it, using the template below.
Topics might include:
-violence/harassment/bullying in the workplace policy
-working alone policy
-no smoking policy
-fire safety policy
-lock/out tag/out policy
-machine guarding policy
-confined space policy
ABC Company NO OF PAGES:
(To be determined once
you are finished)
#(create a numbering
(Name of your topic)
(Title of the most senior person in the company
that is responsible for this policy)
#(this number should follow the numbering
system from above)
(When does this policy
(Usually in a year’s
(insert policy statement addressing the particular topic and why it is important to have this
(Relate it to the overall Health and Safety philosophy of the company)
(who does this policy apply to: e.g. all or some full-time employees, part-time employees,
contract workers, managers etc.)
(Who would be exposed to this hazard?)
INFORMATION AND COMPLIANCE PLANS: the writer provides an appropriate plan to
inform employees about the issue and ensuring their understanding of the policies and possible
procedures….How are you going to roll this out to the employees? How are they going to know
about the policy…..intranet, monthly H&S meetings, memo, posters?????
(What could be the possible penalties for not adhering to the policy and are there any avenues for
appeals/consequences for non compliance?)
(If someone were found not following the policy, what discipline would follow? Would you
follow a progressive level of discipline?)
1. Individuals with responsibilities (name all and their responsibility):
(Who has the highest level of responsibility….where does the buck stop?)
Who else has some level of responsibility for implementing and enforcing the policy?
2. Contact: (if people have questions, who should they contact: may be stated as a
position rather than a name or both)
(insert the titles of any other internal related policies……see list above, not legislation)
(What other policies could be related to this policy)
Definitions / Explanations / Exam
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.