Laura is a 26-year-old G2P1 who had a cesarean delivery for fetal distress with her first pregnancy. Laura is now struggling with deciding between scheduling a repeat cesarean delivery or attempting a VBAC. (Learning Objective 8)
In order to ensure that Laura has the facts to assist her in her decision, explain the benefits and risks of a repeat cesarean delivery.
Laura wants to weigh her options for both. Explain the benefits and risks of a VBAC.
Describe the management of care for a woman attempting a VBAC delivery.
2. Carol, age 17, is pregnant with her first child. Her menstrual dates are accurate and her date of conception is limited to one possible day. Her physician gives her an EDC of March 28th. Carol has gone past her due date and does not want to have her labor induced. Carol states, “My grandmother says that the baby will come when it is good and ready.” It is now April 14th and Carol is at 42 3/7 weeks’ gestation. She calls the office and reports that she is having a significant lower backache and she just passed “a glob of bloody mucus” from her vagina. (Learning Objective 6)
Discuss the risks a prolonged pregnancy places on Carol.
What risks are there for Carol’s unborn baby?
Describe the nursing care required for women in labor with a prolonged pregnancy.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.