Based on the last question from NR534A, I need you to help respond to the attached 4 peers’ posts in 150 words each.
After reviewing the course
Health IT Evaluation Project
guideline, I am looking forward to developing a program that can engage both staff and patients alike through a series of “rounding” that nurses will complete with patients. This will be done through a computer program that will provide visual cues for nurses to ensure that all patients are being rounded on. This seems like an appropriately sized project for an 11 week course, which can also be evaluated through a small qualitative study through a survey of both patients and staff alike.
Nursing rounds have been proven time and time again to improve both clinical care, evaluation, and outcomes (Chapman et. al., 2021). Hospitals have been encouraging nurses to make frequent rounds on all patients and their families for a very long time (and to document on it as well, because it is a billable service) (Close & Castledine, 2005). With that information, to a nonclinical person it is hard to understand why nurses do not always do every round, every time. Reality is that time is short and the floors are all very busy with patient care that only nurses can do – is is often times hard to check on all of the patients needs and comfort care every hour.
Hopefully, a small program that I can develop will give nurses and technicians an easy way to see if and when patients were last rounded on. This will ensure that all patients are receiving an opportunity to let their needs be known and thus improve patient care and absolutely improve their perception of healthcare.
Chapman, L. B., Kopp, K. E., Petty, M. G., LA Hartwig, J., Pendleton, K. M., Langer, K., & Meiers, S. J. (2021). Benefits of collaborative patient care rounds in the intensive care unit. Intensive & Critical Care Nursing, 63.
Close, A., & Castledine, G. (2005). Clinical nursing rounds part 2: nurse management rounds. British Journal of Nursing, 14(16), 872–874.
As the organization I am working for does not have any plans for implementation of new technology, I will refer to a recent change in our system for this project. In November, we switched from Meditech to the Epic System.
Brief Project Description:
This will be an evaluation of the implementation of the new electronic health record system, Epic, effective November of 2021. This was a change from our previous, outdated, electronic health record system, Meditech.
The goals of this initiative are to improve patient safety; improve timeliness in patient care; improve the user interface for patients accessing their EHR; and improve congruency and continuity of care across our organization.
To improve patient safety by reducing the number of medication errors through the use of the new system; to improve timeliness of
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.