Lin Company. had $500,000 net income in 2013. On January 1, 2013 there were 200,000 shares of common stock outstanding. On April 1, 20,000 shares were issued and on September 1, Lin bought 30,000 shares of treasury stock. There are 30,000 options to buy common stock at $40 a share outstanding. The market price of the common stock averaged $50 during 2013. The tax rate is 40%.
During 2013, there were 40,000 shares of noncumulative, nonparticipating preferred stock outstanding. The preferred is $100 par, and paid a 3.5% dividend in 2013.
Lin issued $2,000,000 of 8% convertible bonds at face value during 2012. Each $1,000 bond is convertible into 30 shares of common stock.
Instructions (show your work):
(i). Compute basic and diluted earnings per share for 2013.
(ii) How would your answer to part i differ if the preferred stock was cumulative and no dividend was paid in 2013?
(iii) Independent of ii, how would your answer to part i differ if the preferred stock was convertible where each preferred share could be converted into 3 common stock shares? Be sure to show computations.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.