For each style covered in the unit, find at least one example of an interior component used in a modern way. Selections may include entire rooms or specific items within an “interior” (furniture, fabric, use of space, etc.…). It must be interior not exterior! In this entry, please include styles from Pop and Design Today . This will be 3 separate pages, 1 for Pop and 2 for design today. (at least 200 words for each page) Check the file Unit 9 and Unit 10 for example before you start.
R E V I V E
I N D S 2 1 1 D E S I G N B L O G
C H R I S T I N E M I N
S U M M E R 2 0 2 1 | P R O F . G O N A N O | H I S T O R Y O F I N T E R I O R D E S I G N
” I A M N O T A
D E C O R A T O R .
T H E O N L Y P L A C E I
D E C O R A T E I S M Y
O W N H O U S E . ”
– F l o r e n c e K n o l l
A N C I E N T E G Y P T
A N C I E N T G R E E C E
A N C I E N T R O M E
A N C I E N T C H I N A
This leather stool from P o t t e r y
B a r n reuses a signature style of
Ancient Egypt . The X – Shaped
base is present in the modern
rendition . Additionally , leather , a
prominent material used in
ancient Egyptian culture is
featured . The smoky tones of
both the leather and the wood is
yet another way the ancient stool
has been revamped to suit a
modern interior .
It is fascinating to see that an
ancient style and the most
elemental type of seating is stil l
being used today . The X – shaped
base allows for furniture to be
collapsed and therefore portable ,
but also adds a l ight airiness to
the aesthetic of furniture .
A N C I E N T
E G Y P T
” I f y o u s e a r c h f o r t h e l a w s o f
h a r m o n y , y o u w i l l f i n d
k n o w l e d g e . ”
– E g y p t i a n P r o v e r b
S T O O L W I T H
X – S H A P E D B A S E
M O D E R N
H I S T O R I C A L4
The Klismos Chair had sabre legs ,
which meant that the legs curved out
opposite each other . This iconic chair
featured a curved back that hugged
the human body and the seats were
made of cloth or leather .
The modern T r i s t a n A c r y l i c Klismos
Chair certainly echoes the original
chair ‘ s shape and curvature of the
backing and legs . The difference l ies
in the futuristic clear material of
acrylic and the cushioned velvet seat .
Judging by the curves of the back
seat , one can deduce that the ancient
Greeks were conscious of ergonomics
and prioritized comfort , especially
when seating those in higher social
classes . The matching degree of
curving in the backing and legs is also
an admirable harmonic design choice .
A N C I E N T
G R E E C E
” W e a r e w h a t w e r e p e a t e d l y
d o . E x c e l l e n c e , t h e n , i s n o t a n
a c t , b u t a h a b i t . ”
– A r i s t o t l e
K L I S M O S C H A I R
M O D E R N
H I S T O R I C A L
This T r i s t a n A u e r armchair is a
dramatic piece that flaunts the
component of the sella curulis
that is most distinctive – the
double – X form . Instead of the X –
form only being used for the
base , the entire
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.