Crisis Management & Business Continuity / MASY1-GC 3615-200
Kelly McKinney, Adjunct Instructor | firstname.lastname@example.org
Description of Assignment5: Project Canvas
Due prior to Class #6
“It’s not enough to do a lot of things quickly. We must be able to do everything all at once”
The crisis is deliberate and methodical. It bides its time, gathering strength and power, and building its unique chaotic mix. And, at just the right moment, it unleashes its most fearsome weapon, an avalanche of impacts we call surge. Everything happens at once—everything, that is, except what we want to happen
Extreme Project Management
To counter this, it’s not enough for us to do a lot of things at the same time. Human needs cannot wait, so we have to be able to do everything all at once. We call that multi-tasking, or extreme project management
Luckily you have a process and tools that you put into place long ago and practice long before the crisis so you have the muscle memory to execute. And get you started down the road of doing everything all at once
The project canvas is a tool that enables your emergency operations. It allows you to execute many big and critically important things all at the same time
First you must gather your team. That is your team, your mechanism; your greatest tool. The mechanism is an incident organization. Convened by you. In the crisis business we call it a “task-based organization” because it is unique. It is convened for a specific incident and doesn’t exist after that incident is over.
And you use that team to help you to list all of the things that need to be done, who will do them, when they will be completed and where you will get all of the stuff you will need to make it happen
A template project canvas is attached to this assignment sheet that includes the three domains made up of three building blocks each.
· These are the fundamental questions that must be answered by the crisis team
1. Foundation: Why are we doing it? How much will it cost? What benefits will it bring?
2. People: Who will be accountable for it? Who will benefit from it? Who will manage it?
3. Creation: What will it deliver? How and when will the work be done? How are we going to engage stakeholders?
For this assignment, you will use the attached template project canvas and execute the following steps to develop a completed project canvas:
1. Review the worst-case scenario that you submitted for your focus organization in Assignment 2
2. Review the impacts that your worst-case scenario is having on your focus organization that you submitted in Assignment 3 (Worst-Case Scenario Analysis) and what you are doing about them (as listed under “What I/ We Would Do About It”)
3. Review the fictional Situation Report that you prepared for your worst-case scenario that you submitted in Assignment 4 (Situation Report: Worst-Case Scenario).
4. Choose one incident-related project (hereafter
What we can do about it
Monitoring Performance failure caused by the business lacking a good structure. It can also be caused by rater bias and ambiguous performance standards by the rest of the employees. As a manager, applying use of performance indicators would help with understanding business insights to ensure success while managing the business.
Their exists difficulties in recruiting talent as well as competencies in recruiting them.
To handle competencies and difficulty in hiring talent, managers must bring in consultants who can expertise to find the exact team needed.
Changes in Technology in business
Hiring of consultants to integrate new technologies ranging from mobile and app development.
Just like during a Covid 19. Employees should be ensured to work from home to reduce infections during commuting and at work
Maintaining of company’s reputation
Managers must ensure that third parties exist who can handle clients who voice their displeasures publicly and loudly, to ensure that they maintain the company’s reputation.
Appreciating change in a Company
Consultants can still chip in to help CEO’s and managers in the determination whether change must be embraced in an organization. A professional outside opinion can purely influence business decisions and can create a positive change.
Management of company’s data
Keeping data safe and extracting insights from it to help in business decisions and managers must find ways to keep data safe. Hiring of qualified professionals to help in getting most return out of data.
Uncertainty about the future
Market trends is vital in changing the economic climate and that managers must employ trained personnel to handle all the important trends.
Financial management issues
Managers can employ financial assistants to play the role of stepping in for finance issues.
Regulation and compliance issues
Hiring consultants to bring more sense to the business industry to help in mitigating risks that can come with the same.
I choose Mass Casualty Incident as the point. Because I think there is nothing more serious than a pharmacy having a medical error that also means getting a patient dead or injured.
What I/We Would Do About It
1. Improper use of raw materials by pharmaceutical companies
From time to time, send professional staffs to randomly inspect drug companies.
2. Pharmaceutical company’s pharmaceutical process irregularities
Give regular training to pharmacists. When dispensing pharmacists to patients, medications should be checked to verify the authenticity and integrity of their safety attributes
3. Pharmaceutical company fabricates some quality test results
Recall all sold drugs and compensate victims
Filing a lawsuit for compensation
4. The pharmaceutical company shipped the product even after discovering the abnormality
If discovered before no patient use, take the legal route for a warning. If already distributed to the patient. Whether by mail or phone, or report to the police, inform directly at home.
5. The drug delivery vehicle did not control the temperature of the specific drug. For example, the Pfizer covid19 vaccine. Before mixing, the vaccine may be stored in the refrigerator between 2°C and 8°C (36°F and 46°F) for up to 1 month (31 days).
Delivery carts and cvs storage are equipped with real-time temperature monitoring systems. Timely alarms are issued if temperature changes are encountered. In case of power failure, emergency battery backup can be activated in time. Once the temperature cannot be preserved, destroy in time.
6. Expired medications are not disposed of in a timely manner and are used on patients
Contact the manufacturer for guidance. If directed to discard any remaining vials, follow the manufacturer’s and your jurisdiction’s guidance for proper disposal.
7. Doctor prescribes wrong medicine
Regular training and evaluation of physicians. The level of the doctor’s pharmacist is traceable.
8. In the event of a major accident, the local hospital does not have enough medical material reserves.
For example, during a pandemic, there is a shortage of masks and hand sanitizer. Hospitals should have priority in getting.
9. drug shortages, for example, insulin
Emergency procurement from abroad
10. Fire at cvs headquarters
All the active fire protection systems are updated and in perfect conditions (alarms, sprinklers, fire extinguishers…) to ease the extinction.
Do not pick up any belonging.
If trapped, look for a place with an outdoor window where you can be seen from to the rescue teams.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.