In this project, you use styles, indents, lists, tab stops, the replace feature, footers, and document properties to customize the Emergency Procedures document for Sierra Pacific Community College District.
[Student Learning Outcomes 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.6, 2.7, 2.8, 2.9]
(Available from the Start File link.)
Completed Project File Name:
[First Name.Last Name]-EmergencyProcedures-02.docx
Skills Covered in This Project
· Modify an existing document.
· Apply a document theme and theme color.
· Change margins and font size.
· Apply and modify a style.
· Apply a border to selected text.
· Apply and customize a numbered and bulleted list.
· Use the Format Painter.
· Set and modify tab stops.
· Use Replace.
· Insert a footer with document properties and current date.
· Insert a page border.
· Center text vertically.
· Use Side to Side page movement.
1. Open the EmergencyProcedures-02.docx start file. If the document opens in Protected View, click the Enable Editing button so you can modify it.
2. The file will be renamed automatically to include your name. Change the project file name if directed to do so by your instructor, and save it.
3. Change the theme to Integral and the theme color to Red.
4. Change the top, bottom, left, and right margins to 0.75″.
5. Select the entire document and change the font size to 12 pt.
6. Format the title of the document.
a. Select the title of the document and apply Heading 1 style.
b. Open the Font dialog box, apply All caps effect, and change the font size to 16 pt.
c. Change the Before paragraph spacing to 0 pt.
d. Add a bottom border to the title using the Borders drop-down list.
7. Apply and modify the Heading 2 style and delete blank lines.
a. Apply the Heading 2 style to each of the bold section headings.
b. Select the first section heading (“Emergency Telephones [Blue Phones]”).
c. Change Before paragraph spacing to 12 pt. and After paragraph spacing to 3 pt.
d. Apply small caps effect.
e. Update Heading 2 style to match selection. All the section headings are updated.
f. Turn on Show/Hide and delete all the blank lines in the document.
8. Select the bulleted list in the first section and change it to a numbered list.
9. Apply numbering format and formatting changes, and use the Format Painter.
a. Apply numbering to the text below the section headings in the following sections: “Assaults, Fights, or Emotional Disturbances”; “Power Failure”; “Fire”; “Earthquake”; and “Bomb Threat.”
b. Select the numbered list in the “Bomb Threat” section.
c. Open the Paragraph dialog box, set Before and After paragraph spacing to 2 pt., deselect the Don’t add space between paragraphs of the same style check box, and click OK to close the dialog box.
d. Use the Format Painter to copy this numbering format to each of the other numbered lists.
e. Reset each numbered list so it begins with 1 (right-click the first item in each numbered list and select Resta
SPCCD—West Campus Emergency Procedures
Emergency Telephones [Blue Phones]
Emergency telephones on campus are marked by a bright blue light (see locations below).
· To use, press the “Help” button. Speak when the light comes on.
· Stay on the line. You will be connected with the college police.
· State clearly the nature of the emergency and your location.
Emergency Telephone Locations
Stadium Parking Lot (outside), between ticket machines
Barton Hall (outside), southwest corner
Barton Hall (inside), Second floor, west end near elevators
Liberal Arts (outside), north end of the C wing
Library (outside), right side of front entrance
Library (inside), First floor, stairs
Performing Arts (outside), near west entrance from Lot B
Math & Science (inside), west wall of biology wing
Cafeteria (outside), northeast entrance from parking lot B
Gymnasium (inside), breezeway between offices and gym entrance
Emergency Phone Numbers
Emergency Response System (Fire, Medical, Sheriff) 911
College Police (adjacent to staff parking south of Barton Hall and Library) (209) 658-7777
Health Center (Administration Building) M-F 7:30 a.m.-4:00 pm. (209) 658-2239
Information Center (Counseling Building) (209) 658-4466
Evening Dean (Asst. Dean, Math) M-Th 5:00 p.m.-8:00 p.m. (209) 658-7700
Site Administrator (Vice President of Administrative Services) (209) 658-8501
Weekend College Coordinator (Area Deans) (209) 658-6500
Accident or Medical Emergency
Life-Threatening Emergencies: Phone 911. If victim has stopped breathing, start mouth-to-mouth resuscitation. If victim’s heart has stopped, begin CPR. Call college police or send for assistance (call 7777 from a campus phone; otherwise call 658-7777).
Minor Emergencies: Administer first aid using American Red Cross standard procedures. First aid kits are located in instructional area offices, library, cafeteria, and instruction office in the administration building. Be sure to fill out an accident report. Call college police or send for assistance (call 7777 from a campus phone; otherwise call 658-7777).
Assaults, Fights, or Emotional Disturbances
Call college police immediately (7777 or 658-7777).
Do not engage in physical contact with persons involved in a fight. Campus police will break up fights and make arrests if necessary.
Ask persons involved and witnesses to remain at the scene.
Have Health Center provide first aid and/or call an ambulance if necessary.
Emotional problems or disturbances may be referred to counseling (658-4466) or college police (658-7777).
Phone college police immediately (7777 or 658-7777).
Do not attempt to leave classrooms or move about in buildings in the dark unless it is safe.
Most buildings are equipped with emergency lighting that will go on automatically.
If lights do not go on, emergency flashlights are available in all area offices.
Notify site administrator.
Call college police (7777 or 658-7777).
Extinguish fire if possible.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.