Students will identify a resource in their community that offers substance use treatment using a harm reduction approach. Examples of these treatment providers might be intensive outpatient programs, residential treatment centers, needle exchange programs, or any other resource you are able to identify.
Steps to Approach This Pap
Spend some time researching harm reduction programs in your area. The preference is for you to identify a program that offers substance use treatment (either exclusively or in conjunction with other services) from a harm reduction perspective.
Schedule and conduct an interview with a clinician (social worker or other type of therapist role) at the identified agency. During the interview, learn about the harm reduction approach used by the program, whether it is grounded in research or theory, and the clinician’s perspective of using this harm reduction approach.
Conduct research about the harm reduction approach you learned about in your interview. Find at least 2 research sources that give you information about the approach you learned about and its efficacy.
Critically review the program you learned about by comparing it to the findings in the research In particular, you are asking: does this community program appear to be offering practices that are supported by research? Do you think this program is offering best practices to its clientele? What is it doing well and/or what could it do better?
Describe the agency you interviewed and the highlights of the interview. Make sure to describe the harm reduction approach used at the agency and the population worked with. (1 to 2 pages)
Describe the research you found on the approach used at the agency (approximately 2 pages)
Offer your critical review of the program by answering the following questions: (a) does this community program appear to be offering practices that are supported by research? Do you think this program is offering best practices to its clientele? What it is doing well or doing better (with input from the research and your perspective)? (approximately 1 page)
Please follow APA style for this paper, and it is okay to use first-person language.
You should use a title page, references page, and in-text citations.
As a reminder, in-text citations should be used for “personal communication” but this does not appear on your references page; this is an odd rule in APA style.
Use at least 2 academic references in addition to your interview. These should be peer-reviewed articles or articles or articles published in a reputable publication. You will most likely find these through the library/ published in a scholarly journal.
Your paper should include 5 to 6 pages of written text plus title page and references page. The professor will stop grading after 6 pages of written text, so please reserve time for editing.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.