Ethics and the Police
Police discretion can lead to multiple moral dilemmas for police officers and police organizations. Chapter 2 in your text and the Cops and Ethics (Links to an external site.) video explore ethical situations often faced by police officers (Barber, 2010). For this discussion, develop at least three guidelines for police agencies to use in creating a police discretion policy. Detail the potential negative consequences of such a policy. Your discussion should include specific examples to support your policies.
Banks, C. (2016). Criminal justice ethics: Theory and practice (4th ed.). Retrieved from https://content.uagc.edu
Chapter 2: Police Ethics: The Nature of Policing and Police Corruption
Chapter 6: The Purpose of Criminal Punishment
Chapter 8: Ethics in Correction: Guarding Ethically
Barber, R. (Writer & Producer). (2010). Cops and ethics (Links to an external site.) [Series episode]. In R. Barber (Executive producer), In the Line of Duty, Volume 13. Retrieved from the https://secure.films.com/OnDemandEmbed.aspx?token=52652&aid=18596&loid=187589&plt=FOD&w=420&h=315&fWidth=440&fHeight=365
The full-length version of this video is available in the Films On Demand database located in the University of Arizona Global Campus Library. This video explores the ethical situations faced by real police officers. It will assist you in responding to this week’s discussion, “Ethics and the Police.”
Accessibility Statement (Links to an external site.)
Hicks, W. (2015). CRJ524 professional resources list Download CRJ524 professional resources list. Retrieved from https://bridgepoint.equella.ecollege.com/curriculum/file/78ce1060-b8b0-4666-8a12-ecc460da8d1b/1/CRJ524_Professional Resources List.docx
This document provides additional resources in the form of articles, multimedia, and websites that may be helpful in the development of your learning in the field of criminal justice. This source may assist you in your weekly discussions.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.