Address your response to any of the other topics, just not the one you chose for your main post.
Your main post should be about 150-200 words and should include specific references and details (paraphrases or direct quotes with MLA documentation) to the assigned reading.
Provide your own commentary–your opinion, observations, commentary on connections to current issues/texts, etc. You can refer to movies, tv, other cultural experiences, and observations too.
READ: One-Act Play
Henrik Ibsen, A Doll’s House Act III (1198-1212)
Link to the book :
I have to admit, “A Doll House” did not end the way I thought it would. Nora had been portrayed repeatedly as powerless and solely reliant on Torvald’s approval. Of all the endings I thought of, I didn’t consider she would leave. I thought Krogstad’s death or her own were the most likely outcomes. Given the circumstances, and how men had been always been controlling her life up until that point, I think Nora made the most mature decision available to her. I realize not everyone would agree with that, some might sympathize with Torvald’s views that Nora was abandoning their children. I don’t see it as such, myself. I think Nora realized that she had never really been given a chance to simply be herself. How could she raise her children and instill values in them if she didn’t even know what her own values were? She would have simply taught her children that the sort of marriage and family life she had with Torvald was normal. Anyone who is or has been married knows that serious discussion, disagreements, and even arguments happen. They have to be ironed out via discussion, not with one spouse deciding they’re right and the other is not. Torvald always had to be right.
Nora also realized how little Torvald really cared about her. As Nora herself pointed out, “. . . it was not fear for what threatened me, but for what might happen to you . . .” that Torvald was most concerned with (Ibsen, “A Doll’s House”, 1211). Nora realized that she had been little else to Torvald but a beautiful doll to show off and play with as he liked. When this realization struck her, Nora knew she had to leave. I believe it took a great deal of courage for Nora to make her decision and stick to it. It was not an ending I foresaw, but it was an ending I appreciated.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.