Collaboration in Port Security: A Requisite for Successful Port Operations
The core reason for the existence of a port is to enable the maritime industry to transact business. Security, therefore, is the most critical element to successful port operations around the world due to the associated role in creating the requisite environment for successful port operations. Christopher (2015) noted that the existence of a port is tied to two intertwined core areas: first, adapting to the commercial and economic interests of the maritime industry; second, ensuring port security to enable trade (p. 11). This observation suggests that without adequate security, a port is bound to fail.
Collaboration is critical to ensuring port security and ultimately success. Ports operate largely open systems with profound interactions with external environments. For instance, security events far away such as piracy off the coast of Somalia have major implications for the success of the Boston Port. Port security goes beyond the port facility and harbors to include the security of supply chains. As such, similar to local events, far-flung events that undermine maritime security are of interest to ports around the world. Collaboration is a best practice in port management to reign in the impacts of events at the domestic and global levels.
The major issues affecting port security call for heightened collaboration among industry stakeholders for this expert assignment help. Security threats such as piracy, terrorism, transnational organized crime, cyber threats, and inter-state conflicts as reported by the Office of the Director of National Intelligence have significant implications for port security and are beyond the control of any single port or even country (Coats, 2018). Collaboration offers a viable solution for ports to overcome such threats. Organizations such as the International Maritime Organization, The Baltic and International Maritime Council, and The American Association of Port Authorities represent some of the collaborative initiatives that are essential for the success of ports. Such collaborative organizations undertake initiatives that promote the security of ports, including creating awareness and providing guidance on security issues such as cyber threats, piracy, terrorism, transnational crime, natural disasters and state conflict. The collaboration of ports with external entities complements the port’s internal security practices to ensure a safe and secure port environment. This outcome, in turn, enables ports to operate successfully.
Christopher, K. (2015). Port Security Management (2nd ed.). New York: CRC Press.
Coats, D. R. (2018, February 13). Statement for the Record. Worldwide Threat Assessment of the US Intelligence Community. Office of the Director of National Intelligence.
Seminar/Final Work Guidelines
The Seminar Work
The seminar work needs a minimum of six research sources from legitimate Internet databases, not someone’s Homepage or Wikipedia. Keep in mind, the articles in pdf are considered to be published sources ( find them at SEMO KENT library for free). If your topic is covered in the textbook, use the sources from Additional References after each chapter in homework help.
The seminar work word count range is 2,500-3,200. You should argue a point, not just assemble research that has no thematic purpose relating your argument.
All submissions should reflect graduate level writing ability. Use either APA or MLA and be sure to follow the formatting requirements.
Evaluation of seminar work outline: 20 points total ( 10 p for bibliography list)
Evaluation of seminar works:
1) Scope and depth of analysis 40
2) Appropriate graduate level writing 30
3) Appropriate documentation 10 (use current MLA or APA)
Possible topics for either the seminar work include but are not limited to the following content areas:
‘No-Fail’ Grading Systems
Student or Faculty educational issues regarding Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter
Electronic vs printed Textbooks
Causality and video games
Causality and comic books, movies, TV
Violence and bullying
Arming Teachers at schools
Discipline/appropriate behavior (student/teacher rights)
The workplace (salaries, unions, race/gender equity, etc.)
Technology in classroom, educational benefits/drawbacks
English in education in the Non-English speaking countries
Multilingual discourse in media
Other – the Topic of your choice: Consult your Instructor
Please can someone help me with some biology content for first year uni Topics include – the nature of biology and science – cells and basis of life – the chemical basis of life – biological molecules – cell membranes and transport – enzymes and bioengergetics Energy from fuel molecules – photosynthesis -Cellular reproduction (mitosis & meiosis) – inheritance – DNA replication, transcription & translation – Gene expression & regulation; Biotechnology
CMS: Gastrointestinal system assignment
Label the diagram below
2. Identify the accessory organs and their functions (DO NOT COPY AND PASTE) compose your answers as much as possible using your own words. It is important that you can speak to the assignment.
3. Provide two medical diagnoses associated with each accessory organ
4. Formulate a complete nursing diagnosis for each medical diagnosis
Get help at https://profsonly.com/tag/nursing-assignment-help/
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.