Length: A minimum of 500 words, not including references
Citations: At least two high-level scholarly references in APA from within the last 5 years
Post your answers to the 6 questions corresponding to this week’s content on primary care medication management. Provide your responses and rationales. Support your rationales with high-level evidence. (See Post Expectations)
Mrs. Lyons is a 57-year-old African American female who recently developed headaches and had an elevated blood pressure reading at her work health fair. When she had her blood pressure taken at the health fair the reading was 168/99. She has gone back to the drug store 3 other times to take her blood pressure. The readings have been: 145/90, 150/89, 140/88. At the health fair she was told her BMI is elevated. Her cholesterol levels were also done at the health fair. The results were: total cholesterol level of 250, LDL 138, HDL 48, and Triglycerides 170.
She has not been to see a primary care provider in over 5 years. At her last office visit, which was 5 years ago, her blood pressure was (135/95). Her LDL and triglycerides were also elevated at that time. The patient was supposed to monitor her blood pressure at home and trial diet and lifestyle changes. She was supposed to return for a follow-up with her blood pressure log and for a recheck of her labs. She, unfortunately, did not do this.
Today in the clinic her vital signs are:
BP 146/92, HR 90, Temp 98.4, RR 12, O2 98%, Height 5’5, Weight 220 lbs, BMI 36.6
She is not currently taking any medications. She has NKDA. Family history: her brother and sister both have been diagnosed with hypertension and DM. Diagnoses for the patient are HTN, Obesity, and Hyperlipidemia.
Q1. Please briefly discuss the first-line treatment recommendations from JNC8, and the AHA/ACC for a patient with no other major comorbidities.
Q2. What are the recommended medications to start this specific patient on? Please provide the drug class, generic & trade name, and initial starting dose.
Q3. Please discuss the mechanism of action of each of the drugs you listed.
Q4. Please discuss the side effect profile of each medication you listed.
Q5. Are there any interactions between any of the medications you prescribed?
Q6. What other non-pharmacological interventions would be suggested?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.