Guidelines for Submission
Submit your completed Module Six Assignment Template PPT as a PPT file. Submit your separate, written submission as a 2- to 3-page Word document with 12-point Times New Roman font, double spacing, and one-inch margins.
BUS 210 6-3 Assignment: Organizational Structures
In this assignment, you will evaluate a current organizational structure and recommend structural changes that can help address the concerns the organization identified regarding collaboration, communication, and autonomy.
You work for an organization that has traditionally been very formalized, and managers have had a very broad span of control over direct reports from multiple departments and functions. This worked well in the past; managers were able to oversee a high number of direct reports because there were many rules and regulations dictating how their work should be performed. However, there were downsides. Employee talent was underused, and there wasn’t a strong team culture, as most work was done independently according to standard operating processes.
Recently, the organization has been shifting to less formalized working structures to support more creative, innovative work and provide employees with more autonomy. While employees are happy with the purpose of these new changes, managers are feeling overwhelmed, and employees are feeling undersupported. This has impacted function-specific work the most, because in the past, managers didn’t need to understand in-depth, function-specific tasks (such as the technical aspects of graphic design work or the intricacies of project management). Instead, they had the ability to rely on rules, regulations, and standard operating processes. Employees have also noticed a lack of communication around current projects, which has led to a lack of updated information and duplicated work across management teams.
You have been asked to work with the human resources department to recommend a new organizational structure that addresses these identified management and communication concerns.
Use the Module Six Assignment Template located in the Guidelines for Submission section to create an updated organizational structure chart for the organization. Then, in a separate Word document, write a brief explanation for your recommended changes and how they will impact both organizational communication and overall team dynamics.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
· Updated Organizational Structure Chart: Create an updated organizational structure chart that addresses management and communication concerns.
· Explanation of Changes: Explain your reasoning for why you made the changes you did to the company’s organizational structure. Include how your changes differ from the original and why you believe they would benefit the organization.
· Impact on Organizational Communication: Describe the impact these changes will have on the company’s overall organizational communication.
· Impact on Team Communication: Describe the impact these changes will have on the company’s overall team communication and reporting structure.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit your completed
Module Six Assignment Template PPT
Original Organizational Structure
Use this chart to view the original organizational structure.
Move the boxes around on this slide by dragging and dropping to create a new organizational structure.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.