Teri goes to see her PCP after feeling depressed last couple of months as well as experiencing a seizure earlier this week. The physician orders a few test, results are shown below:
Low levels of Vit B12
Low Oxygen levels
Presence of autoantibodies against the parietal cell
Peripheral blood smear shows abnormal RBC (large pale RBCs)
After viewing the results, Teri is diagnosed with Pernicious Anemia; a condition in which autoantibodies destroys the parietal cells found within the stomach.
Address each of the following regarding Teri’s case:
Since the parietal cell is destroyed, which substance(s) is Teri lacking as a consequence?
What is the correlation between destruction of parietal cells and Vit B12 deficiency?
Due to her condition, Teri lacks Pepsin. Explain why.
If Teri were healthy, explain what her RBCs would look like?
What is hematocrit?
Low oxygen levels stimulate her body to create new RBCs by stimulating which process? Explain that process in depth.
What protein transports oxygen in our body and explain its structure?
What cell secretes antibodies and explain the various functions of antibodies.
What are the different types of antibodies and give two characteristics for each?
Explain the structure of an immunoglobulin.
Support your opinions with evidence from your readings and research.
You must reference a minimum of three (3) scholarly sources in your paper, which includes one non-Internet source.
Use current APA Style to format your paper and to cite your sources.
Your paper/total responses must be 3– to 4-pages in length not including the title page, abstract, and reference pages.
Title page: Case Title, Full Name, Section, Date, Instructor and Campus
Abstract: Summarize the case in a paragraph
Introduction: The physiological importance of the digestive system, immune system, and cardiovascular system for the proper functioning of the human body
Body: Organize your analysis with headings that thoroughly answer the prompts
Conclusion: Summarize the paper in a paragraph
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.