Professional Role Transition
Revised Critical Thinking Clinical Activity
The Critical Thinking Clinical Activity allows the Role Transition student to present a clinical case utilizing the nursing process to their clinical faculty and peers. The student will incorporate particular categories/subcategories from the NCLEX-RN test plan, as well as emphasize target interventions. The student will provide a written reflection on their experiences in clinical relating to their transition to practice.
Select one patient on which to complete the Critical Thinking Clinical Activity. You will present to your clinical group and individual faculty via prearranged Zoom meeting. The clinical faculty will assess student work and provide feedback. See separate grading rubric for this activity.
1. Complete information on your patient to provide your classmates and faculty with some context.
a. Background: age, sex, ethnicity, allergies, significant med/surg history
b. Reason for visit or hospitalization
c. Social history
2. Utilize the SOAP format to critically think through the nursing process related to the top priorities you have identified for this patient. Be sure that the content in the assessment and plan sections correspond to the information in the subjective and objective sections.
a. SUBJECTIVE is only what the patient tells you (statements or questions; complaints or concerns)
b. OBJECTIVE includes physical assessment data, interval test data, lab or blood work, other objective data, current orders, current medications
c. ASSESSMENT includes the interpretation of information in the previous two sections. This is your “summary” which includes medical/nursing diagnoses. Prioritize your patient’s problems or diagnoses. Clearly identify nursing priorities. Identify treatment goals for each problem or diagnosis.
d. PLAN includes the interventions which were/are/will be implemented. Be sure and establish priorities for the interventions. (You may notate them as #1, #2, #3, etc.). Provide a brief explanation as to why you have prioritized them this way.
e. Identify the following patient needs and provide specific information about each need:
i. Case management or discharge planning
ii. Patient education
iii. Psychosocial, spiritual, and/or family support
3. Complete the reflection at the end. (This is just for the clinical instructor and is not presented to the group during oral presentation.)
4. Students will present their SOAP activity (#1-2 above) orally to fellow clinical students and clinical faculty instructor. This is a graded activity, and successful completion is a requirement of Role Transition clinical.
NUR 4642: Professional Role Transition
Critical Thinking Clinical Activity
(Refer to instructions and grading rubric when completing this activity.)
Date of care:
Reason for visit or hospitalization:
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.