Assignment #4 INSTRUCTIONS – Business 100
QUESTION 1: ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE
Background information needed to answer Question #1:
Review the organizational chart below and the different types of company hierarchies:
Key Learning: Organizational Structures: Tall versus Flat Hierarchies
A tall hierarchy is a traditional way to organize management. There are many levels of employment, and a few employees at each level report up to a manager at the next level. For example, at Starbucks, baristas report to store managers, and store managers report to regional managers, and regional managers report to executives at headquarters. This works really well for Starbucks! Baristas are carefully and consistently trained and supervised so that you can count on the same cup of coffee at any store. Employees who want to advance can work hard and make their way up the chain to gain more management responsibilities. Business is efficient and quality is consistent.
On the other hand, some businesses prefer a flat hierarchy. When Paul and Ari founded Zingerman’s Delicatessen, they wanted to make sure that every employee felt empowered to make decisions to improve the customer experience. In their service-oriented business, Paul and Ari’s employees get their jobs done in creative and collaborative ways. A flat hierarchy makes this possible.
Go to the Assignment #4 Template and complete Question 1.
QUESTION 2: HUMAN RESOURCES
Background information needed to answer Question #2:
Review how this company applies the Human Resources Cycle by reviewing the following memo:
“Hello, Head of HR here providing you a bit more insight into our process. I’ve included a flow chart on the high-level process (see below) but also wanted to provide a more detailed explanation. Our HR cycle begins with our recruiting department. We have campus recruiters who attend career fairs and develop relationships from select universities around the country. We also do a substantial amount of recruiting through LinkedIn, targeting professionals further along in their career with the backgrounds we look for. We then conduct phone screens with qualified candidates, followed by rigorous in-person interviews. We hire approximately 10% of the candidates we interview in-person. Once an employee comes on-board, our performance management system begins. Employees are required to write out goals and objectives after their first 30 days on the job. They have regular ongoing conversations with their direct managers, as well as with assigned mentors, regarding their performance. On or near their anniversary date, we conduct a formal performance review. In the review, we evaluate how the employee performed relative to the goals they mapped out for themselves, and relative to our expectations. Based on the result of the performance review, we make compensation adjustments and promotion decisions. Finally, when an employee does exit their role, by transitioning to another role within
Assignment #4 template – Business 100
Question 1: Organizational Structure
Based on your knowledge of hierarchies, would you say that this company has a tall hierarchy or a flat hierarchy and why?
· Tall Structure.
· Flat Structure.
Question #2: Human Resources
Which step of the Human Resources Cycle is missing from what is described in the memo?
· Transition or Exit.
Why is the missing step so important?
Question #3: leadership style
Identify this leader’s leadership style:
Explain why you selected that style. Also, provide two benefits and two drawbacks to that leadership style.
Next step: submit your work
1. Save this completed template to your desktop
· Navigation: Select File at the top, then select Save As > Browse > Desktop, select Save.
2. Log into your class and select Assignment #3 on the left, scroll down and select Submit Your Work, click Browse My Computer, find your file on the desktop, click Open, then click Submit.
3. If you have any issues please email me or call.
I will provide you assignment feedback and you can then make any changes you would like and resubmit for grading.
Congrats on completing Assignment #4!
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.