Prior to beginning work on this assignment, review the assigned readings and the instructor guidance for the week, complete the learning activity, read the Writing Center resource
Writing an Article Critique (Links to an external site.)
, view the University of Arizona Global Campus Library tutorial
How to Read a Scholarly Article (Links to an external site.)
, and review the required video
Test statistics: Crash Course statistics #26
(Links to an external site.)
. Your instructor will post an announcement with the reference for the article to be critiqued in this assignment. Read the article assigned by your instructor and identify the research questions and/or hypotheses as they are stated. Consider the following questions: What are the variables (sample sizes, population, treatments, etc.)? What are the inferential statistics used in this article? Were the proper steps of hypothesis testing followed?
Your article critique paper must
· Determine what question(s) the authors are trying to answer by doing this research, the hypothesis being tested, and the concepts that were applied in this process.
· Evaluate the article and critique the statistical analysis employed in the study.
· Identify the specific statistical tests used. Were the tests appropriate for the situation and type of data?
· Would you have included more and/or different variables? Explain your answer.
· Examine the results, assumptions, interpretations, and limitations of the statistical study.
· Interpret the findings of the author(s) using statistical concepts.
· What would you have done differently? Why?
· Discuss how either the statistical test(s) used in this study or the findings of this research might be useful in your future career.
The Inferential Statistics Article Critique assignment
· Must be three to four double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA Style as outlined in the Writing Center’s
APA Style (Links to an external site.)
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
· Title of paper
· Student’s name
· University name
· Course name and number
· Instructor’s name
· Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to
APA Formatting for Microsoft Word (Links to an external site.)
· Must utilize academic voice. See the
(Links to an external site.)
resource for additional guidance.
· Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear statement that indicates the purpose of your paper, to critique the assigned research study article.
· For assistance on writing
Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.)
, refer to the Writing Center resources.
· Must use the assigned article in addition to the course text. Additional sources are optional. You may choose to include a peer-reviewed journal article about the research design or the data analys
Analysis of Self Compassion and Self Esteem between
Adolescents Engaged in Physical Exercise in the form of Gym
with those having Sedentary Lifestyle
Meghna Basu Thakur and Namrata Joshi
The present study seeks to explore the difference in self-compassion and
self-esteem in adolescents who are engaged in physical exercise through
gymnasium and those who aren’t involved in any such exercise related activities
and are having sedentary lifestyle. The two scales consisted of Neff’s Self
Compassion Scale and Rosenberg’s Self Esteem Scale. Results show that self-
compassion was higher in the group involved in physical exercise through gym
workout (Mean- 39.83) as compared to those who had sedentary lifestyle (Mean-
36.86). Similar results were found for the other hypothesis of self-esteem. That is,
the self-esteem was found to be higher (Mean= 23.76) in the group of participants
who were involved in physical exercise through gym workout as compared to
those who had reported having sedentary lifestyle (Mean = 18.16). Thus, the results
found in this study do indicate that exercise and sedentary lifestyles are related to
self-esteem and compassion.
Key words: Self-esteem, Self-compassion, Exercise, Gym, Adolescents
Physical activity is defined as any bodily movement produced by skeletal muscles that
result in energy expenditure. The energy expenditure can be measured in kilocalories.
Physical activity in daily life can be categorized into occupational, sports, conditioning,
household, or other activities. Exercise is a subset of physical activity that is planned,
structured, and repetitive and has as a final or an intermediate objective the improvement
or maintenance of physical fitness.
Journal of Psychosocial Research
Vol. 11, No. 1, 2016, 65-75
Corresponding author. Email : firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
ISSN 0973-5410 print/ISSN 0976-3937 online
©2016 Prints Publications Pvt. Ltd.
Meghna Basu Thakur and Namrata Joshi
J. Psychosoc. Res.
Exercise in Gym
The major motive of the physical workout in the form of gym was added as a variable in
the study in order to have a concrete base of the exercise or physical activities that women
are engaged in day to day basis. The sample included those women who have been working
out in the gym for at least 6 months, with 30 minutes of workout each day for at least 5
days a week. It is expected that if the person has an enrolled membership in the gym there
are greater likelihood of they being more involved with the similar kind of activities.
Another vital reason to include those adolescents only who were actively involved in
physical activities through gym was that there will be more uniformity in terms of the
quality of the exercise regime that is followed. Having said this, adolescents who were
involved in physical activities in the form of other forms of exercises like aerobics, yoga,
zumba and so on were excluded f
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.