Individual: Analyzing Published Research Articles (IAPRA) Paper
· The purpose of this paper is to interpret the article as most relevant to the group topic.
· Use the approved primary research article from your ITSS paper, which is relevant to your group topic and research question.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO 2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies (PO#4 & 8).
CO 4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and clinical significance related to evidence-based
practice (PO#4 & 8).
Due Date (please see course calendar for specific dates/times)
· The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
: 200 Points
· It is NOT acceptable to use bullet-points in the body of text review paper.
· All review contents must be PARAPHRASED with your OWN words with in-text citations.
· It is NOT acceptable to QUOTE article contents
Purpose of Study
· Paper must include all required APA-Style/Format
leave blank for any of these review elements.
· Any review element left blank will get 0 point: If authors did not provide information or it was not applicable for certain elements, make note such as “No information was given” or “Not applicable”
PLAGIARISM: “Turnitin” Percentage
· Less than 25 percentage: Acceptable percentage.
· Turnitin Draft Submission Box
· Submit your draft of paper into Turnitin Draft Submission Box to check your percentage as many times as needed before you submit your final paper to designated Unit.
· If your Final paper has 25% or higher percentage, you must revise/modify your paper contents
you submit your paper due date and time.
· If your Final paper has 25% or higher percentage
you submit your final paper due date and time, Academic Integrity Violation Procedures will be initiated
Academic Integrity Violation Procedure
· Academic Integrity Violation letter will be sent to student
· Assignment Grade will be 0 point
· The violation case will be reviewed, and a further sanction will be determined by the Administrators
Individual Analyzing Published Research Article (IAPRA)
Part I: Research Question, Purpose, Variables and Participants
· Clearly and concisely states your group research question as formulated in PICO format.
Purpose of the Study
· Describe the purpose/aim of the study as the author stated in the article: may cut & paste
change or modify the purpose statement on the article
· Identify study variables from the above stated Purpose of Study
· Quantitative Study: Dependent & Independent Variables
Descriptive, Qualitative Study: Variables of Interest
· Enrollment: How did they recruit/enroll eligible participants in the study?
· Inclusion & Exclu
Art Therapy Sessions for Cancer Patients:
A Single-Centre Experience
Mathilde Gras a, b Elisabeth Daguenet b, c Christelle Brosse a Aurélie Beneton a
Stéphanie Morisson a
aDepartment of Supportive Care in Oncology, Lucien Neuwirth Cancer Institute, Saint-Priest-en-Jarez, France;
bUniversity Department of Research and Education, Lucien Neuwirth Cancer Institute, Saint-Priest-en-Jarez, France;
cDepartment of Haematology, Lucien Neuwirth Cancer Institute, Saint-Priest-en-Jarez, France
Received: October 2, 2019
Accepted: October 14, 2019
Published online: February 11, 2020
Dr. Stéphanie Morisson
Department of Supportive Care, Lucien Neuwirth Cancer Institute
108 bis, Avenue Albert Raimond
BP 60008 FR–42271 Saint-Priest-en-Jarez (France)
stephanie.morisson @ icloire.fr
© 2020 S. Karger AG, Basel
Art therapy · Cancer · Anxiety · Quality of life · Well-being
Introduction: Cancer and anti-cancer therapies are often as-
sociated with pain, loss of self-worth, anxiety, and depres-
sion. Alternative therapies such as art therapy are available
to improve patients’ quality of life, by reducing asthenia, de-
pression, anxiety and pain. Objective: The aim of this study
was to assess the effectiveness of art therapy, namely theatre
and plastic art workshops, on well-being and quality of life
of participants in the Lucien Neuwirth Cancer Institute.
Methods: A prospective study was conducted at the Lucien
Neuwirth Cancer Institute (France), between April 2018 and
July 2018. Cancer patients followed at the Institute have
been asked to participate in 10 2-h sessions, once a week,
based on theatre and plastic art workshops. Self-report ques-
tionnaires were used to evaluate both psychological and
quality of life domains, but also satisfaction and well-being,
before (pre-test) and after the last session (early post-test),
as well as 1-month post-experimentation (late post-test). Re-
sults: Among the 14 patients who were enroled, the QLQ-
C30 questionnaire revealed a pre-test median score of 50.0,
an early post-test score of 51.5, and the late post-test re-
vealed a score of 48.0. The anxiety test revealed median
scores of 8.0 (pre-test), 6.0 (early post-test) and 6.0 (late post-
test), respectively. The depression test reported median
scores of 4.0 (pre-test), 5.0 (early post-test) and 6.0 (late post-
test), respectively. The median well-being score difference
observed between the beginning and the end of sessions is
+2.13. The minimum satisfaction score observed is 3.50 out
of 10, and the maximum is 10 out of 10. The median is be-
tween 7.00 and 10.00. Conclusions: Art therapy sessions had
an impact on patients’ welfare. We also reported a trend to-
wards amelioration of quality of life that could probably be
confirmed in a larger population, and potentially with a dif-
ferent methodology. © 2020 S
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.