help in art
1. How was the Buddha depicted in the earliest Buddhist
art? When he began to be depicted as a man, what
symbols tell us he is the Buddha?
2. Who is Shiva? What do the symbols present in this
sculpture tell us? What symbolism does he share with
3. What is the function of the Taj Mahal? What is else is
on the grounds of the Taj Mahal complex?
4. Who were the Terracotta Army created for and for
what purpose? When were they created? What
stylistic qualities do they possess?
You can use this guide to
help you study and prepare
for the module test. Go
through each of the links in
the Readings & Videos
pages, then come back here
to answer these questions!
❖ Asian Art
❖ African Art
❖ Art of The Americas
Created for ARH2000 at Broward
College. Do not copy, distribute,
or share without permission from
5. What does the Ink Orchid represent, and why is it
floating on the page?
6. What was the function of Angkor Wat? What does the
Churning of the Ocean of Milk depict? What do the 5
stone towers represent?
7. What is depicted in the Night Attack on the Sanjô
Palace handscroll? How is an image like this viewed?
8. What are some of the influences that inspired Zen
rock gardens, such as the one at Ryōanji? What is the
meaning behind the dry garden?
9. What is significant about the architecture of the Great
Mosque of Djenné (and what makes their minarets
unique), the churches in Lalibela, Ethiopia, and Great
10. What do the holes and lines in the brass heads from
Ife likely represent? What stylistic qualities are present?
How are the sculptures idealized?
11. What technique was used to make the Benin
plaques? How is the level of importance of the figures
depicted? What are the issues concerning the current
ownership of these plaques?
12. According to legend, what are the origins of kente
cloth? What is the link between kente cloth and social
status? How is kente cloth named?
13. What is the function of nkisi nkondi power figures?
How do they work?
14. What is the function of the kanaga mask? What do
the abstracted forms represent?
15. What North American native cultures created which
art forms, according to the article? What are totem
poles and in what area of the Americas can they be
found? What Native American culture participated in
sand painting (what is it and what is its function)?
16. What is depicted in Yaxchilán Lintel 24? Why is it
17. What culture created the Coatlicue sculpture and
who is she? What is its scale? What are some of the
symbols in this sculpture and what do they signify?
18. Where are the Moche Royal Tombs of Sipán? Why
was this discovery significant?
19. What is the function and some of the features of
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.