SOCW 6090: Psychopathology and Diagnosis for Social Work Practice
Week 4 Applying Differential Diagnosis
Post a 300- to 500-word response in which you address the following:
· Provide a full DSM-5 diagnosis of the client. Remember, a full diagnosis should include the name of the disorder, ICD-10-CM code, specifiers, severity, and the Z codes (other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention). Keep in mind a diagnosis covers the most recent 12 months.
· Explain the diagnosis by matching the symptoms identified in the case to the specific criteria for the diagnosis.
· Identify which four diagnoses you initially considered in the case of the client, using the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria to explain why you selected these four items. In one or two sentences each, explain why three of these diagnoses were excluded.
· Explain any obvious eliminations that could be made from within the neurodevelopmental spectrum.
· Describe in detail how the client’s symptoms match up with the specific diagnostic criteria for the primary disorder that you finally selected for him. Note two other relevant DSM-5 criteria for that illness from the sections on “diagnostic features” and “development and course” that fit this case.
Respond to at least two colleagues in the following ways:
· Compare the diagnosis you provided and the process in which you reached the diagnosis with those of your colleague.
· Explain how the Z codes (other conditions that may be a focus of clinical attention) that your colleague identified may influence the client’s upcoming treatment.
CASE of ALIM
Intake Date: August 2020
IDENTIFYING/DEMOGRAPHIC DATA: Alim is a 12-year-old male in 7th grade who lives with his mother, father and brought in for services by his adoptive mother. The adoptive parents are upper middle class and have three biological children (ages 9, 7, and 5).
CHIEF COMPLAINT/PRESENTING PROBLEM: The mother reported that Alim often hides food in his room and gorges himself when he eats. She said she does not understand this behavior because he always has enough food, and she never restricts his eating. In fact, because of his small size and weight, she often encourages him to eat more. Alim sometimes reacts when his lunch is packed differently within his lunch box for school. He also seems to pay less attention to teachers and often interrupts class with his own comments.
HISTORY OF PRESENT ILLNESS: Alim acts younger than his 12 years, carrying around toy cars in his pockets, which he proudly displays and talks about in detail. Aim’s mom reports that Alim hates any type of transition and will get upset and have temper tantrums if she does not prepare him for any changes in plans. He is reported to kick and hit both parents, and they have had to restrain him at times to stop him from hurting himself and others.
The parents have never sought help before, as Alim managed to largely keep up with his schoolwork. His mot
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.