Topic 2 DQ 1
In working with Microsoft Project, discuss what have you found to be the most useful features, and which have been the most difficult to use. In replies to peers, provide troubleshooting tips you have used or researched to address the features that have posed difficulties in using the software.
Topic 2 DQ 2
Explain why buffers are a crucial part of IT project management. Provide a specific example that supports your ideas and can illustrate negative consequences of not including buffers. In replies to peers, provide additional explanations and examples that have not already been included as part of the discussion.
Reply to responses
Hello professor and class,
After doing research and watching how other people use Microsoft Project, I think what it ultimately provides to users is information. Some of its features are providing task information, timeline with slippage calculated for each task, resource management interface, and insight/reporting to keep everyone on the same page. The feature I was most impressed with is the project timeline. The program calculates a timeline and includes data on how long it show takes each task to complete. In my perspective, that has to be one of the most powerful features it could have. It is a weakness of mine to properly estimate how long something will take me to do, especially if it is my first time and I need to refer to instructions frequently. From what I can tell, I have not seen anything that looks too complicated; however, in my experience, Microsoft makes good products with sufficient templates but the templates are not great. I often find myself getting templates online because they provide more graphics or more themes to use than Microsoft. I am not a designer and I do not possess the skills or patience to make graphics quickly, but it gets on my nerves when things are visually communicating how I want it to since I am such a visual learner.
Hi Professor Flores,
Microsoft Project have many useful features. A feature that stands out to me is the ability to use different views especially the tracking Gantt Chart view. The Tracking Gantt view displays task information in two panels: the left panel displays information as a sheet and the right panel displays information as a chart. The tracking Gantt is useful for viewing tasks across time where you can view the progress by comparing planned (baseline) dates and actual start and finish dates. In addition to evaluating any slack and slippage between tasks. The tracking Gantt is like the Gantt chart the only difference is the format of the task bars. Another feature is the project timeline. This is where all your tasks are displayed on a timeline making it easy to visually see your start and end dates of each task on a calendar format. Based on my limited experience with Microsoft Project, I have yet to come across a feature I find challenging.
C Justin Thomas
Microsoft Project is a great app that is ex
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.