Genesee & Wyoming’s Diversity Breakdown.
A look at the lack of diversity within the company’s leadership sector
Organizational History & Background
The company began in 1899
7,300 employees and serves 3,000 customers
Operates in 42 states, four Canadian provinces, and more than 13,000 track-miles
G&W’s Europe Region (which includes the United Kingdom) has the largest rail maritime intermodal operation and the second-largest freight rail provider in Continental Europe
Genesee & Wyoming Inc. owns or leases 116 freight shortline railroads worldwide (collectively “G&W” or the “company”)* organized in locally managed operating regions.
Located in Jacksonville, Florida
Financial & Accounting
“…to be the safest and most respected transportation service provider in the world (G&W, 2021).”
– Railroad Classification- Based on the revenue amounts that a railroad has obtained, a railroad can be classified as a Class One or Class Two railroad (AAR, 2021).
– Short-line Railroad- Short line railroad is a Class Two rail line that provides commodities and services for a Class One railroad (AAR, 2021).
– Civil Penalty Assessment (CFR) 49 U.S.C. 21301; 28 U.S.C. 2461- Penalty assessment stating that the amount of the penalty shall be at least $500 but not more than $25,000 (Legal Information Institute, 2021).
– The Association of American Railroads (AAR)- Organization that has set the policy and standards for American railroads (AAR, 2021).
– Genesee & Wyoming (G&W)- Short line railroad company, operating under parent company and financial brokerage firm, Brookshire. G&W currently has more than 100 railroads operating in the United States (G&W, 2021).
G&W has stood on the reputation of providing a safe transportation company
Built over a 100-year history of acquisitions and foundational growth
All employees must responsibly act in a legal, safe, and ethical manner, at all times (G&W, 2021)
Organizational Reputation and Sustainability
What are they? What does it mean? What’s the difference?
G&W is the owner/operator of over 100 shortline rail lines
Provide services and commodities for larger railroads, which are referred to as Class One Railroads
Examples of Class One’s are CSX, Norfolk Southern, and BNSF
Also based on the amount of revenue being generated, based on the amount of freight being transported
Executive Board and Leadership Composition
“About Us”. Genesee & Wyoming, Inc. History of the National Transportation Safety Board. (2017). Ntsb.gov. https://www.ntsb.gov/about/history/Pages/default.aspx
G&W’s executive board is comprised of 13 members, which includes the chief executive office, chie
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.